DEAR FIRE FIGHTER SUPPORTERS
I would like to personally take this opportunity to thank you for supporting your local firefighters. Your contribution will benefit firefighters throughout Jacksonville and Onslow County. You show your support not only for the firefighters, but for your community as well.
The Jacksonville Association of Professional Fire Fighters & Paramedics represents local firefighters & paramedics, who are employed by the fire department, in their efforts to take a pro-active approach to fire safety and community services throughout Onslow County. We are a non-profit professional organization; therefore, these ticket vouchers are not tax deductible for Federal tax purposes as a charitable contribution, unless you donate your ticket vouchers to a charitable organization. But please be assured the Jacksonville firefighters and the community they serve will benefit from your support.
It is important to note that we represent the Career Professional Firefighters themselves (not the government agencies) and do not financially support any volunteer fire departments.
The firefighters of our nation are rated as having the number one most hazardous occupation in terms of death and injury. Working with the citizens of Onslow County, perhaps we can change these statistics.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at (910) 389-6409.
Once again, I thank you for your support. It is friends like you that make a difference.
President, Jacksonville Association of Professional Fire Fighters & Paramedics
JACKSONVILLE FIRE FIGHTERS SAFETY PROGRAMS
* Camp Celebrate, a weekend camp for children ages 7-15 who have survived traumatic burn injuries; activities include swimming, canoeing, arts and crafts, as well as an opportunity to meet other kids who share the experience of having been burned
* Jaycee Burn Center, supporting the burn center at UNC Hospital where the firefighters go if they are injured on duty – it is also the best burn center in the state for children; assisting local families of burn victims with extraneous expenses, like traveling back-and-forth to the center.
* Firefighters Coats for Kids Foundation, Community outreach program established through collaboration with Operation Warm, Inc., to help children in poverty survive and thrive by providing brand-new, made-in-the-USA winter coats and bringing warmth to needy children.
* Community Outreach (supporting local MDA families & other worthy causes)
* Contributions to Scholarships at the Coastal Carolina Fire Academy.
The firefighters work on these programs while off duty and do not receive payment. Their goal is to cut down on the accidents and deaths caused by fire. Perhaps with your support, they will achieve this goal.
This Spring, we will be presenting:
"1964" The Tribute
Sunday, March 25, 2018
Dorton Arena in Raleigh
For information please call
Jacksonville Professional Firefighters Association